We are Window City Pros, Ohio’s premier window installer! We are a 5-star rated and fully insured window contractor, so you can rest assured that you are getting the best quality windows available. Today, we’re here to discuss double-hung windows. Double-hung windows are a great option for your home and can serve as a valuable and stylish addition to any home.
Here are some of the pros and cons of double-hung windows.
Pros of Double-Hung Windows
• Easy to open and close: Double-hung windows are designed to be easy to open and close. You can use the top or bottom sash to open the window, which makes it convenient and hassle-free to get fresh air into your home.
• Low maintenance: Double-hung windows are incredibly low maintenance. All you need to do is wipe down the frames and sashes every once in a while to keep them looking great.
• Versatile: Double-hung windows come in a variety of styles and materials. From wood to vinyl, you can choose the frame and sash that best fits your home’s style.
Cons of Double-Hung Windows
• Can be difficult to clean: The sashes on double-hung windows can be difficult to clean due to their design. You may need to get a professional to do a deep cleaning, depending on the material used.
• Can be difficult to open and close if not installed properly: Double-hung windows can be difficult to open and close if the sashes are not properly balanced. If you notice that the window is difficult to open and close, you may need to get it adjusted by a professional.
Double-hung windows can be a great addition to your home and can bring a new level of style and functionality to your living space. If you’re looking to add double-hung windows to your home, Window City Pros are the ones to call. We are a 5-star rated and fully insured window installer, so you can trust that you are getting top-quality windows installed by experienced professionals.
Call us today at (855) 776-0044 for a free consultation and quote, and let’s get started on your replacement window project.